Sunday, February 10, 2008

Christmas 2007



I am going to give this Blog thing a try. I am not great at writing things down so maybe this will help me document the Carlson events.



We had a good Christmas this year. We are all healthy. We are all happy.
And yet being completely honest, we are in AZ far from family. Therefore, Christmas was not the BIG DEAL that I am used to. I was feeling a little sad Christmas Eve and Christmas Day as I knew there were MANY get togethers that we were missing. Christmas Eve at my Grandparents, spend the night at Jonathan's parents, Christmas morning at Jonathan's parents, Christmas afternoon at my parents, Christmas night with my other grandparents. Jonathan thinks it is too much and prefers it not so crazy. I like it a little crazy.



This year was slow. But that is not all bad. Jonathan and I tried to create our own traditions. Here are the highlights we will try to repeat.



Christmas Eve
*Jonathan and Jonah made cookies for Santa. They were good! Good job boys!
*We watched Christmas movies. Jonah loved The Grinch.
*Made a good dinner and ate way too many sweets.
Christmas Day
*Woke up early and opened gifts. Jonathan and I both jumped out of bed because we thought Jonah was opening the presents without us. But he wasn't. Jonah came in and informed us that Santa had come. It was fun because it was the first year that Jonah really understood the idea of Santa.
*We showed Jonah that Santa ate the cookies. Santa left a few uneaten pieces behind.
*We played with Jonah's new toys and games (Candy Land, Don't Break the Ice, and the 123 Game).
*We watched a new movie we got as a present.
*Jonathan made a wonderful steak dinner. Yummy!



I look back and I realize that Christmas this year was great. We spent a lot of time together. We have memories we will cherish. And now I do not feel sad that we missed some Christmas parties. We had our own party!



Funny Story
We got a lot of Christmas cards this year. Jonah was pretending one of the cards was a skate board as he had it on the floor and was sliding one foot across the carpet. When he was done he propped it up against the side of the wall and said something along the lines of "there you go friend".
I said, "Jonah the card is your friend?"
Jonah said, "Santa is my best friend".
And then I realized that the card had a picture of Santa on it. He was skate boarding on Santa's face.

No comments: