Jonathan's present wish list:
After all the expense of just having the party Jonathan says, "How about we just make the grill my present". My thought was, "Sweet! I didn't really want a gun or X-Box anyway". Ha
The Party
We ended up having a house full! It was fun though. Neighbors, people from work, people from church. We had to ask numerous people to bring chairs. I made Jonathan a cookies and cream ice cream cake (special request). We put 30 candles on it. People were joking (or not joking) that we were going to burn the house down.
Friends from church brought a gag gift. A little "inside joke". So here is the joke- We went to their house for dinner and played a game. The game was one of those where you watch scenes from movies on the TV. It ended up NOT working at all. First of all it wouldn't play in English so we couldn't understand it. Then it would play the same scene over and over. None of us could understand the directions. So by the end they were saying they should throw it away and were never going to play it again.
What did they give Jonathan? The game.So there was Jonathan's birthday. Leah version. When it was all said and done I felt good about it because Jonathan said he had a great birthday this year. Not like he would say otherwise...ha!




.jpg)
4 comments:
Happy 30th man! A grill--that's so fun. We wish we could've been there to celebrate with you in person.
He he! What a fun and eventful birthday! What an old man he is! ;) Just teasing! Happy Birthday Jonathan! I'm glad you got to spend it with your awesome wife and super kiddos! Great job on the cake Leah!
When I got to the party Jonathan said "I can’t believe it, 30 years old. Man, I feel really old!" my reply was of course "yeah I felt that way EIGHT years ago!!! Thanks a lot Jonathan.
Matt
looks like a fun party! guys always want the expensive stuff! why is that? anyway, hope all is well with you guys!
Post a Comment