Friday, April 23, 2010

We are still HERE!

It has been so long I am not sure where to start. So I'm gonna start with the first thing that comes to mind.

I am pregnant! I am now 13 weeks and doing the typical pregnancy things like being hot when nobody else is and needing to eat but thinking it all sounds gross. I don't have too much to complain about though. I'm not really a puker and I know of many woman who struggle much more. AND now that I am 13 weeks the nauseous feeling is haunting me less. We are cautiously excited knowing anything can happen in pregnancy. More than likely everything will be fine and I should be having child #3 around October 28th. (Which at this point feels like an eternity away!)

Other news I am excited about is that Kayla is potty trained and sleeping without a diaper during the night! Yay! (Although last night she did have an accident) MOST nights she does really well. It is really nice to have a break from diapers...at least for a while ;)

Kayla has created her own language where she puts and "ie" on the end of many words. Orangie, foodie, bedie, bookie.... its cute.
She is also very expressive with all her loves. I know its not going to last forever but right now she tells me she loves me like 20 times a day. I'm gonna soak it in while this cute little stage lasts. She loves brother, daddy, dogs, and anything she likes at that moment. LOVE it and LOVE her.

Jonah is getting geared up to go to Kindergarten next year. I can't believe my little boy is going to school! Wasn't he just born?! I think at this point I am more nervous than he is. I have all these silly questions that run through my head like, "When he is lost will he know who to ask for help? When he is sad or scared who will he turn to?" In a couple years I know I will look back at this and think how silly I was. As for now, its scary to sent your little kid out the door alone and just trust that the right person will watch him at the right time. When all is said and done sending him to school is the best thing I can do for him. So of course he will go.

Jonathan is working the night shift right now. He leaves our house about 9 at night and gets back 8 or 9 in the morning. Its kinda hard on him. Sleeping during the day is just not natural. I don't know if I could do that everyday? He has strength I'm not sure I have. All I can say is that he is a great dad and my wonderful husband.

Until next time, take care!

12 comments:

Heidi said...

Congrats on the pregnancy!

Emmi used to do the same thing as Kayla adding the "y" onto everything. I know what you mean about kindergarten. I feel the same way!

I love the pic in your header. Your kids are getting so big!

Kristi said...

I'm glad I found your blog! Your kids are so cute! Congrats on baby #3!

Here's our blog: www.thompsontalesandtidbits.blogspot.com

Jessica said...

congrats on the baby!! i called a couple weeks ago and talked to Jonathan to say congats. I'm so excited for you guys!! I'll be a new aunt 4 times by the end of this year! This is baby year.

Andrea said...

welcome back! Congratulations on your pregnancy:)

Tara said...

Yay! Welcome back to blog land! And SUPER CONGRATS on the pregnancy! I am so excited for you, and even more so that you don't get sick during pregnancy! :) I cannot believe that Jonah is starting Kindergarten this year!!! Craziness! And the last time I saw Kayla she was still a new, little baby!!! My how the time flies!!! Thanks for the update!! :)

Megan said...

Yeah!!! I'm so happy you blogged, but even more happy that you're pregnant! You'll have to get a tiny halloween outfit:)
Glad to hear the family's well; we can't wait to see you in June!

Miriam Lusk said...

Yay Leah! Welcome back sweetie! So excited for that little halloween baby! As far as the whole kindergarten thing goes, I never thought about it! But that does seem scary. I am sure Jonah will do awesome though. Love you!

Julie said...

Congrats!!!

April said...

Good to read your update. Congratulations on expecting!!! How fun (and not at the same time...morning sickness and all)! Also, I bet it's so nice to have your girl potty trained. Harmony is getting there, and I'll feel so free when she's 100% self-initiating. She'll initiate most of the time but still has accidents, usually daily. If you have any tips for getting kids to self-initiate, please email or facebook me. TTYL!

CarlsonMom said...

Glad that you are beginning to feel better. Love the blog. See you in June. Love, Mom C

PatrickandErica said...

Glad your alive, missed you... ;)
Call me next time your going to the pool, I feel like we are going to need to be there a lot this summer!!

Anderson's said...

Super cute kids. I hope you are feeling okay.