Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Miraim Tagged ME!

Well, I am supposed to write 5 things that people don't know about me. Not sure I will put anything people don't already know. But I will try.

1. I love the smell of coffee. When I am at the grocery store I turn down the coffee isle just to get a good inhale! I also love the sweet smell of a pipe or cigar. I know I am weird.

2. I hate blood. I don't enjoy watching war movies that are supposed to be wonderful because of the underlying message of courage and history. I completely understand the idea behind them and those that argue that they are about understanding the reality or war. All that sticks in my mind is the blood and gore. I could never work in the medical field I am sure- but I admire those that do.

3. I love motorcycles and big trucks. When I was in college I had friends with both. A great weekend to me included hoping on the back of a motorcycle or off roading in the sand dunes. I don't want to drive- just be passenger. Now that I have kids it is hard for me to not realize how dangerous those things are. In fact, a little while back Jonathan wanted to get a motorcycle and I told him it was never going to happen because I needed him to be around for us. But I still really love the thrill of the ride!

4. Cheerleaders bug me. (I hope I am not offending anyone) My opinion- Its all good to want to be a cheerleader when you are like 10 or 15 but beyond that cheerleaders are basically eye candy for the men viewers. But in all honesty I did have a number of girls on the cheerleader team in high school that hated me and I never knew why. That fact alone made the sport seem judgemental and superficial. So that might of helped to form my opinion...ha!

5. Jonathan proposed to me with an Easter egg hunt. He would tell me I was hot or cold. The last egg I was never hot until I got closer to him. When I finally figured that out he pulled an egg out of his pocket and opened it up. The ring was inside and he got on his knee and proposed. Too cute!

3 comments:

Tara said...

Okay, I love the whole coffee thing! What a riot! I like the smell, too...it reminds me of my dad, he used to make coffee every morning! :) Totally agree about the blood...yuck!! Cheerleaders are usually, um, interesting; I was one in junior high, but NEVER would have wanted to be one in high school...snob central (among other things). I LOVE how your hubby proposed...so thoughtful and cute!! :) Miss you girl!

Miriam Lusk said...

I totally understand the whole cheerleading thing. Looking back I realize how stupid it was. But at the time it was fun, and I enjoy flying through the air. But i never really got along well with the other cheerleaders... Drama central. Blah.

Megan said...

I don't remember that cute proposal story...super cute.
And, I'm not offended about the cheerleader comment:)